PowerShell Studio 2014 - Some Questions

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
arcanecode

PowerShell Studio 2014 - Some Questions

Post by arcanecode »

Been using the new version, has already made me a happy camper! I do have some questions though, thought I'd put together to make it easy.

1. In the editor there are thin vertical lines which connect things such as opening and closing braces. Is there a way to turn these off?

2. I'm one of those weirdos who likes a dark color theme. I've already customized my editor window to have a black background with colorful text. Is there a way to darken the surrounding environment as well? Menus, etc.

3. Can you do any customization in the Console window outside of changing the font? Would like to set those custom colors as well.

4. I created a new project today, then added in code from an existing module. However, in the project pane when I click Add New File, it creates it in the folder ABOVE where the current module is. Do I have something set incorrectly?

5. In the tools menu, there us a "Custom Tools" menu option. Could we infer from that there's some type of API or way we could write our own custom extensions for the studio? (Wow would that be cool.) If so where could I find that documentation?

That's all I can think of for now, having only used this for today it's made very productive.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert C. Cain, MVP, MCTS
@ArcaneCode | http://arcanecode.com
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: PowerShell Studio 2014 - Some Questions

Post by davidc »

Hello Robert,

1. The lines cannot be removed unless you disable Outlining all together, which will disable code collapsing.

2. There is an Office 2010 Black Theme (I will look at adding other themes). You can change the theme using the around button on the top right of the ribbon:
Theme Menu.png
Theme Menu.png (30.75 KiB) Viewed 28803 times
3. The console window coloring is handled by the registry (OS).
The coloring is handled in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console

Please refer to external link for more info:

http://superuser.com/questions/522950/h ... 017#523017

4. This is a bug and it will be fixed in the next service release.

5. To use the custom tools menu, please refer to the following blog article:

http://www.sapien.com/blog/2013/01/08/p ... ial-oh-my/

Thank you for your feedback!

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc

Post by davidc »

FYI, the latest service release added two new themes (one is a dark theme).

David
David
arcanecode

Post by arcanecode »

Wow, that new dark theme is beautiful! I need to go make another blog post to show it off.

Thanks for following up, and for your very quick initial response.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Thank you for the kind words in your article :) FYI, You can now customize the color of the indicator margin.

David
David
This topic is 10 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.