Powershell 'Encrypt Used Space Only' Issue

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
WSUsoftware

Powershell 'Encrypt Used Space Only' Issue

Post by WSUsoftware »

Hi, I'm having trouble figuring out something that is happening when I am Enabling Bitlocker on machines. I have a script that runs on various different computers and enables bitlocker.

The command I am using is: Enable-Bitlocker -MountPoint C: -RecoveryPasswordProtector -SkipHardwareTest -UsedSpaceOnly

What's odd, is on virtually all systems other than one of them, this works as expected, starting encryption with around 90% "completed". On the other systems though, it will essentially behave as though the "-UsedSpaceOnly" parameter isn't there. All the machines have the same powershell version (5.1) and all have TPM 2.0.

I also run this command on every machine before the enable-bitlocker command: Initialize-TPM -AllowClear -AllowPhysicalPresence

Any ideas what could be causing this?
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Powershell 'Encrypt Used Space Only' Issue

Post by jvierra »

From your post we have to assume that the script is working. You have a configuration or version issue on the faulting system. We cannot fix that for you. You will need to analyze the failing system.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.