Open Pop Up on remote computer using PS-remoting

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Abhishek_Paul

Open Pop Up on remote computer using PS-remoting

Post by Abhishek_Paul »

I need to run one interactive ps remoting session on the remote computer.

Code: Select all

[System.Windows.MessageBox]::Show(' Select your Option !!','Game input','YesNoCancel','Error')
But, while in PS remoting if I run this piece of code then I am getting error & nothing is happening on the remote computer.
Please suggest, how I can achieve this?
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Open Pop Up on remote computer using PS-remoting

Post by jvierra »

You cannot run GUI code remotely with any language. Remote sessions have no UI and therefore cannot display anything.
Abhishek_Paul

Post by Abhishek_Paul »

Is there any way I can show POP up a message on remote user computer if not using ps remoting. Like create an .exe & run it on the user computer or display a system tray POPup.

My objective is to prompt the user to close browser on the remote computer if any user is logged on otherwise forcefully close the browser. I can forcefully close browser on the remote computer but without any warning.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

It is not possible to do what you ask with PowerShell.
This topic is 6 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.