SOAP WebServiceProxy error

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Kilsgaard
Has voted: 1 time

SOAP WebServiceProxy error

Post by Kilsgaard »

HI

I have not that much experience on webservices yet, and have run into a problem, that i cannot find a solution on :-(
Hope someone can guide me in the right direction..

I have this SOAP webservice, that i call:
  1. $applicationWebService = New-WebServiceProxy -uri $NAVServiceURL -Credential $NAVServiceUserCreds  -Namespace NAVPortal.Application
i can call the webservice and get data from it, it works fine, so i got a connection.

When i try to create a new entry through the create statement on the WEB service:
  1. $NewUserProfile = New-Object -TypeName NAVPortal.Application.UserPersonalizationCard
  2. $NewUserProfile.User_SID = "[USER GUID]"
  3. $NewUserProfile.User_ID = "[Domain\username]"
  4. $NewUserProfile.Profile_ID = "[ProfileID]"
  5. $applicationWebService.Create([ref]$NewUserProfile)
Then i get the following error:
  1. Exception calling "Create" with "1" argument(s): "Cannot convert the "NAVPortal.Application.UserPersonalizationCard" value of type "NAVPortal.Application.UserPersonalizatio
  2. nCard" to type "NAVPortal.Application.UserPersonalizationCard"."

What i can se from the output of the Webservice, it should be right:
  1. <?xml version="1.0"?>
  2. -<definitions xmlns:tns="urn:microsoft-dynamics-schemas/page/userpersonalizationcard" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" targetNamespace="urn:microsoft-dynamics-schemas/page/userpersonalizationcard">
  3.     -<types>
  4.         -<xsd:schema targetNamespace="urn:microsoft-dynamics-schemas/page/userpersonalizationcard" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified">
  5.             -<xsd:complexType name="UserPersonalizationCard">
  6.                 -<xsd:sequence>
  7.                     <xsd:element name="Key" type="xsd:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"/>
  8.                     <xsd:element name="User_SID" type="xsd:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"/>
  9.                     <xsd:element name="User_ID" type="xsd:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"/>
  10.                     <xsd:element name="Profile_ID" type="xsd:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"/>
  11.                     <xsd:element name="Language_ID" type="xsd:int" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"/>
  12.                     <xsd:element name="Locale_ID" type="xsd:int" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"/>
  13.                     <xsd:element name="Time_Zone" type="xsd:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"/>
  14.                     <xsd:element name="Company" type="xsd:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"/>
  15.                 </xsd:sequence>
  16.             </xsd:complexType>
  17.             +<xsd:complexType name="UserPersonalizationCard_List">
  18.             +<xsd:simpleType name="UserPersonalizationCard_Fields">
  19.             +<xsd:complexType name="UserPersonalizationCard_Filter">
  20.             +<xsd:element name="Read">
  21.             +<xsd:element name="Read_Result">
  22.             +<xsd:element name="ReadByRecId">
  23.             +<xsd:element name="ReadByRecId_Result">
  24.             +<xsd:element name="ReadMultiple">
  25.             +<xsd:element name="ReadMultiple_Result">
  26.             +<xsd:element name="IsUpdated">
  27.             +<xsd:element name="IsUpdated_Result">
  28.             +<xsd:element name="GetRecIdFromKey">
  29.             +<xsd:element name="GetRecIdFromKey_Result">
  30.             -<xsd:element name="Create">
  31.                 -<xsd:complexType>
  32.                     -<xsd:sequence>
  33.                         <xsd:element name="UserPersonalizationCard" type="tns:UserPersonalizationCard" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"/>
  34.                     </xsd:sequence>
  35.                 </xsd:complexType>
  36.             </xsd:element>
  37.             +<xsd:element name="Create_Result">
I do not know if it is possible that anyone can help me without knowing more about the details in the webservice?

Thanks on advance :-)
/Graves
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: SOAP WebServiceProxy error

Post by jvierra »

I recommend posting to the Web service provider.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Another suggestion. Check the service provider for C# examples of using their web service. Generally we have to use the service to create the object instance. Doing this usually prepopulates the in stance with required tokens and references. You may also need to specify the namespace of the proxy.
Kilsgaard
Has voted: 1 time

Post by Kilsgaard »

Hi

Thanks for your answers.

I solved this problem by using OData instead :-)

It was easier to build the response to that in Powershell.

/Graves
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.