Form running slow on other computers

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Form running slow on other computers

Post by jvierra »

Excel on different systems and of different versions will run differently. Running a 64 bit app and accessing 32 bit version of Excel will be slower. Different machines will have different speeds.

It is also likely that your Excel code is very poorly designed since most examples on the Internet may work but are not ususally designed correctly and use Excel when other more efficient methods are available.

There is no way I can tell with out at least a simplified copy of what you are trying to do.

Post a simplified copy of your code and a "cleansed" version of the Excel. I can look at it and make suggestions.
AdamUK

Post by AdamUK »

Many thanks again jvierra for the help given. I have now resolved this by upgrading the end client to windows powershell 3.0 this has fixed the issue. Form is now 100% working :D
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Powershell 5 and Excel 2013 work best together.
This topic is 7 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.