!!! SCRIPT NOT WORKING AFTER TRIALUPDATE

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
AirLiquide

!!! SCRIPT NOT WORKING AFTER TRIALUPDATE

Post by AirLiquide »

Product, version and build:
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: Powershell Studio x64
Operating system: Win 10
32 or 64 bit OS: x64

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

HELP

I have Powershell Studio 2016 and developed a script with 2600 lines!
Update agent says that Powershell Studio 2017 is available and offered me to install.... So I did. (ok, stupid, won´t do it again)
The license did not cover 2017 so I got a trial number from my SAPIEN account.
I tested 2017 and run the script. Worked as expected.
As I wanted to implement a new button in the form it said something like 'Only 5 buttons are allowed in trial version'
OK. Understood. Let´s move back to my licensed 2016 version. Uninstalled 2017 and installed 2016.

Program runs so far but it´s not opening my script, because it was created with another version of Powershell Studio!!![/b]
It ignores everything and I cannot go on with my work.

xxxxxxxx.psf: Unable to load xxxxxxxx.psf (File Format: v2.1), because it was created with a different version of SAPIEN PowerShell Studio 2016.
xxxxxxxx.psf: Unable to determine object class.

It opens other scripts that I didn't open with 2017.

I need to go on with my work. How to reset the script to work with 2016!!! Please HELP!!!
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: !!! SCRIPT NOT WORKING AFTER TRIALUPDATE

Post by Alexander Riedel »

When the .psf file was updated for the 2017 format, it should have created a backup copy of it. Please check your folder.
According to our records you qualify for the 2017 versions of all our software. Your subscription expired on 4/1/2017.
You can download the versions you qualify for from your SAPIEN accounts page. For PowerShell Studio that would be 5.4.138, which is only only one build behind the current version.
Your account also still qualifies for a discounted renewal.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
AirLiquide

Post by AirLiquide »

uuhhh..... that was close...
Thanks for your reply.
I found the *.psf.bak backup file.
All seems to work probably.

Thanks for support.
Regarding 2017 I need to check what the advantage would be to have.
Maybe a warning in 2017 when running 2016 script would be nice to have.... (and where to find the backup)
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

As far as I know it displays a message that the project is being converted. But I will double check to make sure.
As for the 2017 version, you are entitled to use it, but obviously the choice is yours.
The version logs can be found here: https://www.sapien.com/software/version_history
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.