Powershell Help 2.0

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is no longer allowed as the product has been discontinued.
This topic is 14 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Packetboy

Powershell Help 2.0

Post by Packetboy »

Hey guys great job on the new Powershell Help Community Edition !!

One question I have.. It looks like I should be able to have more than one help page open using the tabs but I can not work out how to get another tab?? It lets me create a new tab group but I can not get more than 1 tab to show up??

Also maybe for a future version it is great how I can import the help from other cmdlets but this has now made my cmdlet list very large it would be good if you we could create our own folder so if I want too see just the quest AD cmdlets I could go to that folder instead of having to search QAD.. Or is this possible some way now?

Cheers
Packetboy.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Powershell Help 2.0

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Thanks for the kudos :-)
No you can't open anything in a new tab at the moment and you can't create new folders either.
But these are on our list. So some day....
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Packetboy

Powershell Help 2.0

Post by Packetboy »

Hi Alexander,
Thanks for the quick reply and definite Kudos! I have gone from having the Microsoft PS 2.0 chm file, the Quest QAD cmdlets chm file and the Vmware powercli chm file open to just having your one tool open so its really really good :)

So I am just wondering what is the point of the tab group then? or is this just getting ready to give us tabs in the next version?

Cheers!Packetboy.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Powershell Help 2.0

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It's an automatic part of the UI lib we use. And yes it's planned for the next version.
Also, the external links open in a new page and you can make the docked notes and search results into views.
Then you already have more than one tab.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Packetboy

Powershell Help 2.0

Post by Packetboy »

Ahhh cool I had not tried an online link yet.. Cool so online stuff opens in a new tab thats cool. Cheers for the heads up about the notes and search results I have no mushed that in with the powershell tab to the left.

Thanks again for a very handy tool !
This topic is 14 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.