PrimalToys Snap-In installation

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is no longer allowed as the product has been discontinued.
This topic is 15 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
sanic

Post by sanic »

I've tried following the instructions for "First Time Installation" of PrimalToys and after the last line "add-pssnapin primaltoys" I press Enter and get the >> prompt. What more does it need to complete the installation?
donj

Post by donj »

Um, that should be it. You're not typing the actual quotation marks are you?

Add-PSSnapIn primaltoys

Is all it should take. I had about 20 people in class do it this morning :). The >> prompt usually indicates that you've got an open quotation, or an open { block } or something.
sanic

Post by sanic »

No, I'm not typing in the quotes.
Is the command in the first bullet entered all on one line?
set-alias installutil $env:windir...
donj

Post by donj »

Yes, the first bullet (without the bullet character, of course) is all one line. And if you're on a 64-bit system you'll need to modify it, since the Framework is stored in a different path on x64 systems.
sanic

Post by sanic »

Thanks. I got it to work. Would it make a difference if the location for the DLL was on a networked drive and not my local HD? When I copied it to C, it installed OK.
donj

Post by donj »

Yes, the Framework won't register it if it's on a network drive. It needs to be local so that the Framework knows it isn't going to "go away."
dforcey

Post by dforcey »

Different issue with primaltoys snap-in installation:
The instruction document says to first "Copy PrimalToys.dll to a location on your computer."
Problem: I don't see the PrimalToys.dll file anywhere.
What did I do wrong?

Thanks.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The dll you are looking for is called PshX-SAPIEN.dll
The name was changed because it collided with
the PrimalToys COM components in PrimalScript.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
afterl1f3

Post by afterl1f3 »

I am getting an error when trying to install the pssnapin. I am running x64 Vista and changed the path to the .Net framework as I should and ran the installutil section and pointed to the DLL that I saved on my local HD. However, the error I get says "Windows PowerShell snap-in PshX-SAPIEN is not installed on this computer"

The version of the Dll I pointed to on my local HD is the one in the binrelease folder. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks,

Al
This topic is 15 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.