Information missing from PowerShell Help

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is no longer allowed as the product has been discontinued.
This topic is 15 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jonwalz

Post by jonwalz »

On my system when I look at the cmdlet examples they are missing the {}'s for script blocks. Here's an example, in PowerShell Help Example 1 for Where-Object shows up on my system as
C:>get-service | where-object $_.Status -eq "Stopped"
In PowerShell the same example is

C:PS>get-service | where-object {$_.Status -eq "Stopped"}

Without the {}'s you get an error of course. This has been a point of confusion for me and I'm glad I check what PowerShell said against what PowerShell Help says.

I'm running version 1.1 of PowerShell Help.

I love this tool and use it often. I would love to see this fixed.

Thanks,
Jonathan Walz
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

It's a translation problem from the xml help format to html. I've noticed the same problem in the PowerShell help tool from the Microsoft Scripting Guys.I can't say when the free tool can be fixed as the dev team is hard at work on PrimalScript 2007.
shickel

Post by shickel »

I agree. Powershell Help is a really nice Tool *Thumbs up*.

Is there a way to integrade the Exchange Cmdlets, too?
This topic is 15 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.