TextBox tab - select all

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is no longer allowed as the product has been discontinued.
This topic is 11 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jahaima

TextBox tab - select all

Post by jahaima »

I don't know what this is called or where the option is, but it seems to be a fairly standard thing and I can't figure out how to do it.

I have a number of TextBoxes and I've set the TabIndex on them so the user can just tab between fields. How do I set it so that when the user presses tab to change to the next one that it automatically selects all the current text in that box? Then the user can just type over the current text without having to backspace.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

TextBox tab - select all

Post by davidc »

You could use the control's Enter event to trigger the selection, but it would also trigger when you click on the textbox.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 11 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.