ActiveXPosh and 64bit

Support for all customers who have purchased or received a Productivity Pack Support product license. This forum does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
anupamagarwal

ActiveXPosh and 64bit

Post by anupamagarwal » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:50 pm

I figured out the answer.

The regasm.exe is located in the folder C:WINDOWSmicrosoft.netFramework64v2.0.50727. This I believe is the 64 bit version which should be used here. This needs to be run for ActiveXPoSH.dll file located in C:Program Files (x86)SAPIEN Technologies, IncActiveXPosh folder. The script still failed to execute with an error that the specified file cannot be found. I copied ActiveXPoSH.dll file to C:WindowsSystem32 folder and that did the trick. The scripts is working fine now.

cashi01

ActiveXPosh and 64bit

Post by cashi01 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:20 am

Hi,

now i´m completely confused :-) Could be of my bad english...
So can anyone exactly describe waht i have to to ?
I have to run Exchange2007 x64 Powershell commands out of an 32bit cscript vbs on a w2k8 x64. I run the cscript from syswow64....
What do I have to do to get this running ?
Thx in advance...

Alexander Riedel

ActiveXPosh and 64bit

Post by Alexander Riedel » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:57 am

You cannot cross the 32/64 bit divide from within one process.
If you have to run powershell 64 bit commands you must run them from
a 64 bit process.

You can either run
- a 64 bit VBScript using ActiveXPosh
- run a 64 bit PowerShell script directly
- encapsulate your Powershell commands in a 64bit script package
with PrimalScript 2009 and run it as an external process

Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.