Sapien's Ftp.dll Registration Problem

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is no longer allowed as the product has been discontinued.
This topic is 15 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
wjtalley

Post by wjtalley »

Hi,
I'm getting an error when attempting to register Ftp.dll using regsvr32 at a command prompt. The error is:

This application has failed to start because MFC42.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Followed by :

LoadLibrary("c:windowssystem32Ftp.dll") failed. GetLastError returns 0x0000007e.

MFC42.dll is in the C:WindowsSystem32 folder. It will register on my only Vista computer and some XP machines. The only commanality I have found with the problematic XP computers is the version of the MFC42.DLL, it is 6.2.4131.0

Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

That version of MFC.DLL is the current version and part of the Windows core operating system. If you cannot register a COM object even though that dll is present, your machine has some COM configuration issues.

Most commonly some other software installs and registers a private copy of MFC42.dll.

Run regsvr32 against that MFC dll and try again.
Search your hard disk for other copies of MFC42.dll and remove them if necessary.

This may break any software that installed AND registered a private MFC copy. You should contact the vendor in such a case.

Alex

Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 15 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.