PrimalForms - Updating an existing form

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is no longer allowed as the product has been discontinued.
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
kryten

Post by kryten »

Jeff Hicks was recently asked, on the Powerscripting Podcast, about how best to go about editing a PrimalForm. I think the gist of it was how to easily accomplish this especially after custom code has been entered alongside the PrimalForms generated code.If I remember rightly he talked about using notepad or something to hold a copy of the existing script and then copying and pasting the ( Eg on event ) type code over.What I have taken to doing is saving my code in one PrimalScript workspace, then pasting just the new, edited and updated PrimalForm code into another workspace and saving that. Then launching the built-in "Compare two files" tool and selecting both files. You now have a really easy to read comparison which will highlight all your custom code and any differences made to the GUI. Each line can now be copied and pasted either way, depending on which direction represents least work. If you try to highlight and copy more than one line you do tend to select the (*) control characters but it's no big deal to delete them as you go.After a bit of practice it actually becomes a very simple, and accurate way to accomplish this task. Just my $00.02 on the subject.Thanks for PrimalForms - it rocks!!Stuart
kryten2009-01-21 14:29:35
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

The other solution I've come up with is to save my script block section as a temporary snippet. Then I paste in the new script, delete the script block and add in my snippet. But your technique is pretty slick as well.
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.