PS can't remember update check interval

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
DrewEaston

PS can't remember update check interval

Post by DrewEaston »

Product, version and build: PrimalScript 2016, 7.2.92
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64bit
Operating system: Windows 7
32 or 64 bit OS: 64bit

PrimalScript cannot seem to remember the update check interval that I have selected.

I keep setting the update check interval to daily BUT after I quit out of the program when I re-start it it is back to this:
Screen shot of blank update interval field
Screen shot of blank update interval field
2016.08.17_07-50-47_PrimalScript_7.2.92_can't_remember_update_interval.png (28.87 KiB) Viewed 4068 times
Please let me know when this is fixed.

Thanks.
DevinL

Re: PS can't remember update check interval

Post by DevinL »

I'm currently unable to reproduce this. I set the update interval to Daily on my machine, restarted PrimalScript and it was set just as expected.

Do you run PrimalScript as an administrator or another user by chance?
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The option is stored here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.\PrimalScript 2016\Options
under the value "UpdateInterval"
It is odd that would be empty. The default value is 3, which would be monthly
Alexander Riedel
DrewEaston

Post by DrewEaston »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the Infos.

Now that Alex told me where this value is being stored I did some testing and I think I have found out what the problem is.

There is a problem IF the ribbon was collapsed when PS-2016 is terminated/closed.

When re-starting PS-2016 the Check-for-Update interval box has NO value because it was NOT recognizied for some reason. The Check-for-Update is also NOT being executed.

Closing PS-2016 in this state and everything is fine:
Ribbon is visible when closed everything OK
Ribbon is visible when closed everything OK
2016.08.24_13-44-24_If_the_ribbon_is_displayed_when_PS-2016_is_Closed_then_the_Check-for-Updates_IS_displayed_properly.png (13.71 KiB) Viewed 3928 times
BUT IF the ribbon is collapsed when closing PS-2016:
Ribbon collapsed when closing PS-2016
Ribbon collapsed when closing PS-2016
2016.08.24_13-44-52_If_the_ribbon_is_collapsed_when_PS-2016_is_Closed_the_when_opened_the_Check-for-Updates_interval_IS_blank.png (17.91 KiB) Viewed 3928 times
Then you get this when re-starting:
Check-for-Updates interval is blank!
Check-for-Updates interval is blank!
2016.08.24_13-51-02_Help_Tab_opened_temporarily_to_see_what_the_Check-for-Update_interval_is.png (34.14 KiB) Viewed 3928 times
The value that is stored into the registry IS being updated NO MATTER if the ribbon is collapsed or not.
It is ONLY when re-starting PS-2016 with a collapsed ribbon that causes this.

If you still have a Problem recreating this try having about 20 scripts re-load at the start of PS-2016 and see if that also has some effect.

As you can see I also have the "Quick Access Bar" below the ribbon I did NOT test to see if this has any effect or not.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Thanks Frank, I will look into it. In the meantime the obvious workaround is to not collapse the ribbon. :D
Alexander Riedel
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

To keep you in the loop, we've narrowed the problem down to be an issue with the UI lib. While it doesn't display the selection properly, PrimalScript does actually remember the update interval internally.

We've alerted the team behind the UI lib but we'll have to wait for them to fix this.
DevinL
DrewEaston

Post by DrewEaston »

Yes I also was able to determine that it was actually doing the Update Check.
I am happy that the UI bug was found just let us know, as usual, when it is fixed.
This topic is 7 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.