Version difference & Activation issues

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mupdike

Version difference & Activation issues

Post by mupdike »

Product, version and build:7.1.63_050715
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Win 7
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

I recently released my activation on an old computer and changed companies. The version that I had activated and was using at that location was 7.2.82_021216_x64. I had the installer saved to my tools location in my Google Drive. When I started at my new company today I downloaded and installed that version to be met with an activation error that my license did not include that version. I then downloaded the version from my Sapien page and was met with version 7.1.63_050715_x64. I would like to find out how to get back to using the 7.2.82 due to the dark style that it has enabled, and the signscript button in the toolbar. Please let me know how I can use the version I had for the last several months before switching companies & installs.

Thank you,
Michael Updike
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Version difference & Activation issues

Post by Alexander Riedel »

According to our records and your subscription information it expired on July 1st 2015, which gives you access to Version 7.1.63 (PrimalScript 2015).
If you had used 7.2.82, which is a PrimalScript 2016 version, you must have used that with another account and subscription.
You will need to find that subscription information or username.
If you have any purchase information, alternate emails etc, please send them to sales@sapien.com, referencing this post.
We are more than happy to look if we can find this other account.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mupdike

Post by mupdike »

I never used a different username or activation number as I purchased PrimalScript myself for use at work. The auto-update applied 7.1.74_122315_x64 then 7.2.82_021216_x64. After the 7.2.82 update the auto-update started showing my license as expired. FYI, I saved the installers for both those versions as well as the 7.1.63 installer in my tools folder, just adding the last two as the auto-updater did its job.
Alexander Riedel

The updater does not touch any licensing information. It only downloads and runs the installer. The product itself does the activation.
According to our activation log, you activated this particular subscription today.
Before that, the last activation was on 2015-08-17, which correlates to build 7.1.63

Was your old computer not connected to the internet?
Alexander Riedel
mupdike

Post by mupdike »

It was able to download the installers for these new versions using the updater, so yes it was connected to the internet. It also regularly updated the productivity tools that I had installed, which I have not reinstalled as of yet. I did activate today after attempting by installing and uninstalling 7.2.82 and then 7.1.74. Finally going and downloading the 7.1.63 from my products page directly. I had not uninstalled PrimalScript 2015 without the auto-updater until I left my old company last Friday. I had released that license either Thursday or Friday of last week for use today at the new site.
Alexander Riedel

We are looking at the activation logs and we really cannot find any other activation from that particular subscription between August 2015 and today.
We are also not able to find a deactivation for that subscription for last Friday (or anywhere around it)
So I am quite certain that this must have been with another subscription or there was some type of software preventing communication with our activation server.

At any rate, your expired subscription entitles you to use 7.1.63. If you would like to update to the current version please contact sales@sapien.com
referencing this post.
Alexander Riedel
mupdike

Post by mupdike »

There was no other license key for this product. As you said installing the auto-updater doesn't run or use the activation so why would there be a new activation line in your system if that was the update mechanism as the update from 7.1.63.

What I gather from the last line is that it doesn't matter that I was using 7.2.82 with the beautiful dark theme for 3+ months, I am now stuck with 7.1.63 (still a great product just harsh on the eyes) unless I cough up another $300+ to renew my license.
Alexander Riedel

I am not sure what that second sentence means. The updater does not verify, submit or process licensing information. It just displays information stored on the system.
You had an activation attempt today that was declined with your subscription because that build is not covered with your expired subscription.
I cannot verify why, how or even if you used that 2016 version without a valid license. I cannot see anything in our logs about you actually activating this later build with your subscription.

So I cannot really tell you anything else but to contact sales and see what they can do for you. Besides, the newer versions have a lot more to offer than just being dark themed :D
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 7 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.