vbscript intellisense

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
boyddt_co

vbscript intellisense

Post by boyddt_co »

PrimalScript 2017, v7.3.98
32 or 64 bit version of product:
Windows 7 Enterprise, 64bit

I have the following code and my understanding is that as I'm typing strFilePath = objFile, intellisense should present options (methods) available in objFile. Am I correct and there is a problem with my installation or am I just making stuff up?

David

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder(objStartFolder)
Set objFileOutput = objFSO.OpenTextFile(strFileOutput,2)

WScript.Echo "Root folder Being Enumerated: " & objFolder.Path & vbcrlf
WScript.Echo "Files Found: " & vbCrLf
Set colFiles = objFolder.Files
For Each objFile In colFiles
intcount = intcount + 1
WScript.Echo " File: " & objFile.Name & vbCrLf
WScript.Echo " Permissions: " & vbCrLf
strOutput = strOutput & objFile.Name & ","
strFilePath = objFile.ParentPath
strFileName = objFile.Name

binFolder = False
Call get_Security(objfile,strcomputer,binFolder)
Next
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: vbscript intellisense

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It's likely having a hiccup on the For Each statement, so it doesn't know objFiles even exists.
It's been a while since anyone looked at VBScript, so give me a few days to have a peek.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
boyddt_co

Post by boyddt_co »

Thank you. The joys of working on really old servers. I would prefer to be using PowerShell.

David
boyddt_co

Post by boyddt_co »

Alexander Riedel wrote:It's likely having a hiccup on the For Each statement, so it doesn't know objFiles even exists.
It's been a while since anyone looked at VBScript, so give me a few days to have a peek.
Alexander, have you been able to make any headway on this issue?

David
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It's scheduled to be addressed. Unfortunately I cannot promise a specific date at the moment.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.