Source file not found

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
robmo

Source file not found

Post by robmo »

Product, version and build: PrimalScript 2017 7.3.107
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise build 1703
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

When trying to install PrimalScript, the installation progresses partway through and then the following message appears:

Source file not found: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\PSinstall\752CFB2\ScriptEngines\SAPIEN PowerShell V2 Host (Windows Forms) Win32.engine. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I did verify that I can access that folder. I get no UAC prompt and I do see the file present. This computer has Kaspersky Endpoint Security installed. Is it possible Kaspersky is blocking the installation?

Thanks,
Rob
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Source file not found

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Yes, it is quite possible. That is the most common cause for this type of problem.
We are working on a way to avoid the problem, but basically the unsigned executable templates of the packager throw up red flags.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
robmo

Post by robmo »

After suspending Kaspersky, I was able to successfully install PrimalScript. Would you be able to suggest specific locations that could be used as exclusions in Kaspersky so I don't have to suspend every time I need to install an update? This has been a problem with this product for a few years with various anti-virus solutions and somewhat of a struggle as well. It usually always requires me to get in touch with an administrator just so I can update.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It is always the engine files it seems (usually C:\Program Files\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc\PrimalScript 2017\ScriptEngines) but I think we have a solution for this with the next build. Are you willing to wait and test the next build?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

If it helps in any way, I found an article in Kaspersky support on creating an exclusion rules: https://support.kaspersky.com/12160
robmo

Post by robmo »

I can wait until the next build because I won't run into this again until the next update is released. We could make a decision after that if there needs to be one.
robmo

Post by robmo »

Hi,

I just wanted to report that I was able to install 7.3.108 64-bit today without having to suspend Kaspersky. It installed and is running without any issues.

Thanks,
Rob
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.