Improper argument on startup and file save

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
gmichaud

Improper argument on startup and file save

Post by gmichaud »

Product: PrimalScript (64 Bit)
Build: v7.4.128
Build: v10.0.17763

I just recently started getting this error on startup when it is loading previously edited files. Not always, just now and then. Can't repro on demand.
Screenshot - 6_11_2019 , 10_59_59 AM.png
Screenshot - 6_11_2019 , 10_59_59 AM.png (6.79 KiB) Viewed 4281 times
Only once - just now - I also got it on file save. PrimalScript keeps running, and I can't see anything obviously wrong so I just keep editing away.

FYI, We do use some long filenames. Over 50 characters. Also, our files are all UTF-16 LE.

I see other posts with that error, but I have not changed any templates recently and for me PS doesn't "CRASH". Just displays the error.
Thanks,
Gerry
gmichaud

Re: Improper argument on startup and file save

Post by gmichaud »

Correction: I got the error on a file Save AS, and I just did it again. I tried a 3rd time, but no error.
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

on a SaveAs....
I will have a look.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel

Can you give us an example of what the name of the file is (full path) and what you are saving it as (also full path)?
Maybe we can replicate it.
Alexander Riedel
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

Here is the full path to the file I saved AS...

"C:\Users\Gerry\Script Library\VB Installers\1546131 - ## Apps Packaging\Camtasia 8 Refresh\TechSmith Camtasia 8\UTC-ENG-TechSmith-CamtasiaStudio-v8.6.0-ALL-r1.0.vbs"

Note that I've been editing files with similar paths for years. The only thing new here is the use of ## in the folder name. And the error happens only occasionally. I'd say I've seen it a total of 5 times including twice today.
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel

I'll see what I can find out today
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.