PrimalScript 2020 crashes

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
gmichaud

PrimalScript 2020 crashes

Post by gmichaud »

Product: PrimalScript (64 Bit)
Build: v7.6.137
Build: v10.0.18363

I've seen primalscript 'white out' (freeze) many times, but it usually comes back within about 20 seconds. This time it froze for several seconds and the window just disappeared with no error. I've attached the 3 Application log events.

I used to think it was related to the backup settings, but i have been running with all that turned off. No .bak files, no restore points.

Another person in my group also sees crashes, but he says he's always scrolling the screen when it happens.
PScript2020-Crash.zip
(13.4 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PrimalScript 2020 crashes

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Thanks for reporting this. The exception code is heap corruption. Coupled with your description of delays and freezing that would point to a parser problem.
Can you provide the file that was open at the time?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

I just caught it frozen on a VM. It's using a full CPU. Frozen for about an hour. gonna have to kill it...
Screenshot - 2_20_2020 , 3_25_38 PM.png
Screenshot - 2_20_2020 , 3_25_38 PM.png (59.18 KiB) Viewed 4032 times
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel

Yeah, its not like we don’t believe you, but we need a little more information.
What type of file was active? How many in total? What where you doing at the time? As I stated before it is likely something specific about a file. So if you could provide more information, that would be great.
Alexander Riedel
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

Attached is the script.
SpaceOnDisk.zip
(138.44 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Thanks,
Gerry
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

I should note that the script in the ZIP is not the EXACT script that was open during the crash. For one thing, i lost edits when it crashed, so the 'active' script was essentially lost. The zip file has almost the identical script from a VM where i do most of my development. It is the VM that froze for an hour. I had to kill the process. No event log events. THAT is the script in the ZIP. No changes were lost in that crash, so what's in the ZIP is for the most part what was open in the editor. Different name, couple changes in a Sub to remove server info.
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel

Ok, thanks, I will check it out and see what I can find.
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

Oh a VBScript file. I didn’t get to look at one of those in quite some time.
Alexander Riedel
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

i can dig up an old batch file if you want to reminisce. We have a group that still uses them :-)

Parser...like parsing for variables?? I've seen it occasionally get confused when highlighting variables and constants. we use a LOT of variables and constants!
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel

Haha, yeah, I also have some old Macro Assembler files on a floppy somewhere :D
And yes, parsing for code navigation and variables for Intellisense. I’ll know more when I put it through the ringer. Tomorrow. It’s past midnight here for me.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 4 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.