Bug: Deleting character but showing (

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 13 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

This issue is fairly common. I was able to create a very simple test case for you to debug. Grab the code below and save it to an ASP file. To reproduce the issue place your cursor on line 12 between the '+' and '(i+1)'. Hit the delete button.

Exhibited behavior: According to the screen, the 'i' is deleted. However, the '(' is deleted. Using the right arrow to move the cursor one position to the right will show that the correct character was deleted.

Let me know if you need a screencast or any additional information.

This issue happens in non-javascript code too. It appears to be related to brace matching.

Code: Select all

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript">
<!--
function jsUpdateAddonFromOpener(addonid) {
    var selected_index = 0;
    var f = opener.document.djep_form;
    var e;
    for (var i=1;i<=20;i++) {
        if (f['addon'+i]) {
            e = f['addon'+i];
            selected_index = e.selectedIndex;
            if (selected_index == 0) {
                if (opener['addonrow'+(i+1)]) {opener.showit('addonrow'+(i+1));}
                break;
            }
        }
    }
}
// -->
</SCRIPT>
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I will look into this, thanks.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Please try the latest build at http://my.sapien.com/. This issue should now be resolved.

Thank you,

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

It appears that this issue has been resolved. Outstanding! This has been an annoyance for quite a while. I'm glad I was able to provide the code snippet to reproduce it.Really appreciate it guys!
This topic is 13 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.