Windows Sandbox - Testing

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Reddrgn2
Answers: 1

Windows Sandbox - Testing

Post by Reddrgn2 »

Product, version and build:
64 bit - 2020 primalscript - 7.7.139
Operating system:
64 bit OS (18363.815)- win 10 enterprise - 1909

Working getting another testing environment setup, on current pc. Normally have VM ran in Sandboxie. Install programs run scripts to get needed info either locally or if try to get info remotely. I know windows has Windows Sandbox, I am looking at it to see if is something that would be nice to have/use. In Sandboxie I have base image, few things to make little easier but nightly or rather when i reboot/power off pc it resets itself (by my choice). Anyway I am looking at Primal script and notice that it can launch windows sandbox to test scrtips and what not (not tested too much yet). When go to test a script it says it is not recognizing the cmdlets. Do I have to install the modules/import modules to test the scripts? Also this might be more a windows 10 googling event but why is it in windows 10 sandbox can't i see primalscript and other tools?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Windows Sandbox - Testing

Post by Alexander Riedel »

A Windows 10 Sandbox is a blank instance of your current Windows 10 version. Nothing is installed.
It basically allows you to test things in a very virgin state to determine dependencies.
Unfortunately, Windows 10 sandbox does not allow you to save and restore states, like other VM vendors do.
We are actively looking into supporting additional VM environments to provide an easier testing setup, but I cannot speak to any time frames.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Reddrgn2
Answers: 1

Re: Windows Sandbox - Testing

Post by Reddrgn2 »

Ok thanks, thought it was going to a stright blank every times - i see there is a little configuration you can do but not really what I would like, guess keep my test play ground, for now.
This topic is 3 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.