Undo

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 13 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
djlurch

Undo

Post by djlurch »

I am editing files using FTP. I periodically use the Save feature to upload changes to the code. Many times I do multiple undos. It appears that PrimalScript is including the "Save" function as an undo.IMHO the undo function should undo code changes to repeat actions like Saving.Can this be fixed or can an option be added to not include the Save function?Thank you for your consideration.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Undo

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Sorry, but there is no undo for "Save" anywhere in PrimalScript.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
djlurch

Undo

Post by djlurch »

Alex, I don't think you are following.I'm not trying to Undo a save.When I do multiple undos (Control Z) it is inlcuding "Save" as an action.
djlurch

Undo

Post by djlurch »

Example:1) Type x2) Type x3) <Save>4) Type y5) Type yNow say I want to undo...6) <control z> removes y7) <control z> removes y8) <control z> does a <save> action
Alexander Riedel

Undo

Nope, I can assure you it does not.
Most likely you have one of the automatic save options enabled, such as save on loosing focus, and it may appear to you that way.

But "Save" is not an operation logged for Undo or executed by Undo.

Alexander Riedel
djlurch

Undo

Post by djlurch »

I just more closely reviewed the situation. You are correct, it is not Saving, but it is behaving like it is saving when it reaches that point. I made a screencast video to demonstrate:<linked removed by author>
djlurch2010-10-20 15:08:40
Alexander Riedel

Undo

The effect is probably caused by the required CR -> CR/LF translation and back on save. If your file is very large this can cause a slight delay. For a 30 second delay the file would have to have an exorbitant amount of lines. I'll check if there is any posibility to remedy this.
Alexander Riedel
djlurch

Undo

Post by djlurch »

Here are the stats on the file I used in the video:

Lines: 714
Characters: 52789

Thank you for looking into this and let me know if you need any other information.
Alexander Riedel

Undo

I have tried with a file much larger than this and I don't see any such delay. My test file has 75K lines, averaging 256 characters a line.

At this point I can offer no remedy for this. I'll keep an eye on it.

Alexander Riedel
djlurch

Undo

Post by djlurch »

For reference, I am using a 2.8GH i7 PC with 6GB of RAM and an Intel SSD (an extremely fast setup). OS is Windows 7 64bit.I am not seeing a CPU usage spike when PS hangs on the undo.The issue is 100% reproducible on my setup.Please also note that I the file is opened via FTP and saved via FTP. It is possible the behavior is limited to working via FTP.
djlurch2010-10-20 15:27:06
This topic is 13 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.