Primalscript switching to black theme every application restart

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
eW_AMCIM

Primalscript switching to black theme every application restart

Post by eW_AMCIM »

PrimalScript (64 Bit)
Build: v8.0.150
Build: v10.0.14393

I'm running Primalscript on a Remote Desktop Server (and it is installed as such). Every day I change the color scheme to Light Theme, but when I restart the application it's reverted to Black Theme again. Other options do get saved properly. Could anyone give me a direction where to look to make my color scheme the default?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Primalscript switching to black theme every application restart

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I cannot reproduce that here. Please verify that you if you switch to the light theme (which one?) and exit and restart it reverts to Visual Studio 2012 dark?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
eW_AMCIM

Post by eW_AMCIM »

I'm 100% sure it's due to the setup I'm using, so I'm not surprised you cannot reproduce it. It's a server with its own set of policies, and I'm not in charge of changing them. What I'm trying to figure out is: where are these settings stored (config files, registry keys, etc) so I can ask the infrastructure team what needs to be changed.

What I'm doing is:

- go to Options
- Text Editor
- Colors
- Change pulldown from Dark Theme to Light Theme

After a restart it's Dark Theme again.
Alexander Riedel

It is stored here:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.\PrimalScript 2021\Options
under the name "Skin"
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

FYI, what you are changing is NOT the application skin. This is where you change that.
2021-08-09_8-44-03.png
2021-08-09_8-44-03.png (24.93 KiB) Viewed 11044 times
Alexander Riedel
eW_AMCIM

Post by eW_AMCIM »

Oh wow, I feel so silly. :lol: I just wanted a black on white screen for writing code, and these settings in the options seemed to do the trick, so I never looked further.

This works, and the settings are kept after restarting. Thanks so much!
This topic is 2 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.