Where are the PrimalToys DLLs

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 17 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
FrankAndrew

Post by FrankAndrew »

Hi,

I tried to use the 'PrimalToysRedist.msi' but it could NOT find the needed DLLs because none of the sub directories were present where it was installed.
Are these DLLs supposed to be included in the normal PSP 4.1 installation?
If not where do I get them again?
donj

Post by donj »

In the product installation folder under "Redistributables," at least with the latest build. I don't think that's changed recently, though.
FrankAndrew

Post by FrankAndrew »

Hi Don,

Yes the 'PrimalToysRedist.msi' file is located there BUT NONE of the DLLs that it is looking for are. If you take a look in that directory you will see that there are NO sub directories in it.

If you start the 'PrimalToysRedist.msi' file it will report an 'Error 1309' for each file that it could not find, with a path relative path to where it the MSI file is located and then '.program filesCommon FilesSAPIEN Commonxxxxx.dll'. It tries to find the following DLLs in this order:

LoginDialog.dll
IniAccess.dll
FileDialog.dll
ASPDebugOut.dll
ProcessEnum.dll

Even though it could NOT find ANY file it was looking for it still continues and then tries to register each file, causing an 'Error: 1911' for each file, but in a different order and trying to register them from the path where it thought that it had installed them 'C:ProgrammeCommon FilesSAPIEN Commonxxxxx.dll' even though it did NOT find them.

After all this the install routine still thinks that it had installed something and asks if I want to 'Finish' even though NOTHING was done correctly.

If you let me know where I can get the DLLs then I can put them where the routine 'thinks' they should be and then it should run correctly. I will of cource then have to use the 'Repair' mode because it thinks it had installed them.
donj

Post by donj »

Bear with me - my copy of the MSI installs just fine, so I'm going to have to ask Alex what the problem might be... the MSI *should* be working so I think the preference would be to get you one that is :).
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I have double checked the MSI and it seems to be working fine. Not sure why it would look for the folder outside of the MSI.

The installer installs all these dlls under SAPIEN Common in your Program Files folder as well. So in case you really need them right now, this is where you find them.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
james.r.brooks@rfsworld.com

Post by james.r.brooks@rfsworld.com »

I posted about this problem at least twice last year, and it was never resolved. I finally just wrote code to work around it.

The issue is that for PC's that do not have a Primal product installed, the necessary directory structure does not exist in the 'Program FilesCommon Files' directory. The MSI does not create the necessary structure before trying to copy the libraries, therefore the error is raised.

Anyone with the 'SAPIEN Common' directory structure will not see this error; It only occurs when you are trying to distribute code to a new PC that needs the PrimalToys libraries.

Test this on a PC with the 'SAPIEN Common' directory by renaming it to something like '_SAPIEN Common' and then try to run the MSI: You will get the indicated error.

The MSI code needs to verify that the directory structure is in place and create it if it is not prior to copying the libraries in order to fix this problem.

If this bug fix cannot be done soon, then users can use the solution I used; In your setup program code, check for the directory structure and creade it if needed before running the 'PrimalToys.MSI'.
Alexander Riedel

Ok, thanks! I will make sure we double check again.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
graeme@shea.com.au

Post by graeme@shea.com.au »

Has this been fixed yet? I've struck this problem today, out of 4 installs 2 have failed with this error.

Can this also be installed on a 64bit machine? I tried but the install fails with a very simular error(but path relative to where the install was run from).

Regards
Graeme
Alexander Riedel

The fix was included in one of the service builds since then.

What particular build are you on?

Check the 'redistributables' folder in the PrimalScript installation folder.
The PrimalToysRedist.msi there should be 359K and from 1/23/2007

I see no reason why this should not work on a 64 bit OS, but I cannot verify that right now.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
graeme@shea.com.au

Post by graeme@shea.com.au »

That?s the one I've got. I?m using 4.1 professional ver. 4.1.535.

I tried installing primal toys on two Win2003 R2 32bit servers, worked on the first one but failed with the error above. On the 64bit server I tried it had a very similar error but the requested source was relative to the directory the msi was run from i.e. in one case I ran it on the desktop and it wanted the source files to be in C:documents and settingssuperdesktopprogram filescommon filesSAPIEN common*. I tried other directories to run the msi in and the paths were all like the above but relative to where I ran it from.

Do you have any thoughts?
Regards
Graeme
This topic is 17 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.