PrimalScript 2011 VC++ PreReq Error

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
joshua.staley

Post by joshua.staley »

I do not have a PolicyManager64.

How would I check that env variable in windows XP x64? I thought those got added in Vista or Win7? I checked my system env var list and that is not one of the ones available.
joshua.staley

Post by joshua.staley »

Windows XP Pro x64 with service Pack 2.

A bit of trivia I did not realize, that Windows XP x64 is built using the Windows 2003 core. I thought it was because it was released later (it was and on a newer core). I updated my post correct my mistake.joshua.staley2011-05-16 11:48:44
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

That might be the problem. We may have to make a special installer for XP64. At the very least, this is the hotfix you need to have for the sysnative folder:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942589 I'll have to create a VM with your OS and see what I can do. This may take a few days before I can get to that.In the meantime, copy the 32bit cache files and rename them toPowerShell64.Alias.CachePowerShell64.Cmdlet.Cache That will prevent the startup error. I will post here when I have more information.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
joshua.staley

Post by joshua.staley »

Ok, thanks! I will get that hotfix scanned and installed and copy the cache files over. If you need me to test anything, let me know.
jwiley

Post by jwiley »

Gents, I am getting the same error trying to install on a srv2003x64 system. Even running the new "no prereq" version bombs out with a message about not supporting this version but the installer completed its run leaving shortcuts on my desktop. When I try to launch I get a "Constructing PowerShell Cache aborted. Powershell could not be installed." Once I clear that I DO get a PS2011 environment up that SEEMS to be functional.

I've manually installed .NET 2.0 SP2 plus the 32 and 64 bit versions of the c++2008 redistro.

Should I be concerned about the repeating PowerShell message or just keep on scriptin'?
jwiley

Post by jwiley »

And the hits keep on coming. I can launch it but when I try to debug a VBScript file I get a "Cannot instantiate the Microsoft Process Debug Manager..." error too.
Alexander Riedel

Yeah it seems the installer did not do well on your system. Where you trying to debug in 32 or 64 bit mode?
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

An updated installer addressing issues with WIndows XP and Windows 2003 server 64 bit will be released soon. Please keep an eye on the blog.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 12 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.