PrimalSense Quest AD Management

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
boyddt_co

Post by boyddt_co »

I've been working on getting primal sense working with the quest snapin for powershell. I've created the profile in C:UsersboyddtDocumentsWindowsPowerShell and named it Microsoft.PowerShell_profile.ps1. In the profile I've got one line Add-PSSnapin Quest.ActiveRoles.ADManagementWhen I open a powershell command windows (Tools | Powershell) and run get-pssnapin -registered I get back Name : Quest.ActiveRoles.ADManagementPSVersion : 1.0Description : This Windows PowerShell snap-in contains cmdlets to manage Active Directory and Quest ActiveRoles Server.When I go to Object Browser | Powershell | SnapIns - I see Quest.ActiveRoles.ADManagement and all of the entries below it.Under Tools | Options | Text Editor | PrimalSense I looked for anything about the cache (theories that I picked up from other posts) and there isn't anything thereWhen I'm in the editor and enter add-qad - nothing comes up.I am running Windows Server 2008 R2PrimalScript 2009 v5.0.650Any info and help would be greatly appreciated.David
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

2009 work differently than 2011 in that regard.
Add the appropriate add-pssnapin command to PrimalScript's profile, located at
[My Documents]WindowsPowerShellPrimalScript.profile.ps1

You need to restart PrimalScript after doing that so that the snapin gets loaded into the internal host.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
peter_mclean@dodo.com.au

Post by peter_mclean@dodo.com.au »

Also try running Quest Software->ActiveRoles Management Shell for Active Directory from the start menu. If that works then the problem is with Primalscript.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I don't think the user had any problem using the Quest snapin, his question was concerning getting PrimalSense. We got it covered, thanks.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 12 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.