Annoying popup panels during debug

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
StupidSexyFlanders

Post by StupidSexyFlanders »

Not sure why this is happening but, just recently, there are two panels that popup (and then immediately close) whenever I debug my code (i.e. hit F5). They complete obscure the code panel and are a real annoyance. They are there and gone so fast, it's hard to tell what they say...but I think one of them is called 'Watch' and the other is, I think, called 'Debug'. The latter is really weird because I already have a debug window open.Since this started up just a few days ago, I think I may have enabled something by mistake?
Mike
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I am not sure how they obscure the code and immediately vanish at the same time, but ok :-)
Start PrimalScript and load some script
Set a breakpoint and start debugging
Select View -> Debug Windows
Enable "Call Stack", "Variables" and "Watch".
Dock these panels where you want them. Side by side, tabbed, whatever.
Stop Debugging.
The panels should hide
Start debugging again and the panels should show at their preset positions.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
StupidSexyFlanders

Post by StupidSexyFlanders »

Yeah, I tried that already:.But as soon as I run my script, the code
window becomes largely obscured behind the debug window: And all three
debug windows I enabled become disabled:mbaker2011-12-09 10:51:37
Mike
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Well, yeah, they are switched off again once the debugger stops since they have no use without the debugger running.
It's not a popup. You somehow dragged the debug console and docked it by itself.
Just grab it and dock it back down with the other Debug windows and it becomes a tab again.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.