Database Browser don't work

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
merler24

Post by merler24 »

Hi,

after creating a new connection in the "Database Browser" panel, I can't open the connection. Whether doubleclick, nor click on plus-sign, nor contextmenu item "open" works.
Nothing happens - no (error)message, no connection. I tried new db-connections to MS SQL 2000 and MS SQL 2008 Servers. Credentials are ok. "Test connection" in the connection-properties dialogue gives "successfull". I started PrimalScript as administrator. What's the problem?

PrimalScript 2011 Version: 6.0.158

TIA
Martin
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Not sure what it could be, let me do some research on this. Have you tried opening just a simple MDB?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel

We found a sql server version where we can reproduce that. We will look further into it and issue a service build as soon as we can.
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

Not as simple as I thought. It seems to work fine.
After creating the connection, does the node expand to show folders? (Procedures, Views, Tables)

Can you email screenshots of your connection properties to support@sapien.com?

(please black out passwords and userids)
Alexander Riedel
merler24

Post by merler24 »

Hi Alexander, I just sent you the screenshots (sorry for the german dialogues). After creating the connection and click on the plus sign to expand the node - nothing happens, no expanding, no message.
Connection to a local MDB works fine.

Martin
Alexander Riedel

Can you check if you use the Provider for ODBC drivers if that works?
Alexander Riedel
merler24

Post by merler24 »

I've already tried it. Same result.
Alexander Riedel

A new dll was emailed to you for a test.
Please let me know what error message you get, if any.
Alexander Riedel
merler24

Post by merler24 »

After replacing the dll now I get the following error, when I try to expand the nodes:

------------
IDispatch error #3149 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Fehler bei der Anmeldung für den Benutzer 'sa'.
------------

This means "error on logon for user 'sa'". I double-checked the credentials for 'sa' - they work. Other programs with db-access on the same servers with same credentials also work fine (Management Studio, Crystal Reports...)
Alexander Riedel

Right click on the node and select "copy connection string to clipboard" then paste it somewhere.
Anything in that string odd looking?
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 12 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.