Highlighting text has wandering anchor point

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
DrewEaston

Post by DrewEaston »

In PrimalScript 2011 all versions. (Currently using 6.0.162)

When highlighting text and trying to highlight words using the <shift> + <ctrl> and the arrow keys <LeftArrow> and <RightArrow> the original anchor point wanders to the right.This DID NOT and DOES NOT happen in PS2009 and previous versions!Enter a line of text such as:"A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum."Then place the cursor just before the 'H' in Happened,then press and hold the <shift> + <ctrl> keys then the following key combinations:<RightArrow>, <LeftArrow>, <RightArrow>, <RightArrow>,<LeftArrow>, <RightArrow>, <RightArrow>,<LeftArrow>, <RightArrow>, <RightArrow>,<LeftArrow>, <RightArrow>, <RightArrow>,
<LeftArrow>, <RightArrow>, <RightArrow>,<LeftArrow>, <RightArrow>, <RightArrow>,<LeftArrow>, <RightArrow>, <RightArrow>,<LeftArrow>, <RightArrow>, <RightArrow>You should now be at the period at the end of the sentence.We used to be able to select 1 whole word by pressing <shift> + <ctrl> then <RightArrow> once and then <LeftArrow> once.I have used this way of highlighting thing I want to copy since PS version 2.2 and now I have to relearn how to mark things at all! NOT GOOD.Please give me back the 'old' way of highlighting the text that was STANDARD in PS for YEARS!!
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The select previous word behavior was changed because many users complained that it acted in a non-standard way.
You can use Ctrl + W to select the current word instead of toggling with the cursor keys, its saves keystrokes.

I will double check if anything in the selection behavior is non-standard now.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
FrankAndrew

Post by FrankAndrew »

Hi Alex,

I will try the suggested Ctrl + W to see if that does what I need.

Gru
DrewEaston

Post by DrewEaston »

Hi Alex,

If I press Ctrl + W the files is closed immediately without any further notification.If I press shift + Ctrl + W the current word at the cursor location is deleted.Not exactly what I was talking about here.Have you tried the Ctrl + W yourself?
This topic is 12 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.