2012 upgrade path

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
cking2

2012 upgrade path

Post by cking2 »

So, am I missing something? I installed PS 2012 and it did not seem to upgrade my 2011. Hmmmm. If that is the case, fine. I will deal and maybe I did not look hard enough but I did not find any docs on upgrade procedure/etc. Comments? -ck
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

2012 upgrade path

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We never do that. Most people prefer to evaluate a new version before they decide to upgrade so we always since the very beginning had new versions install side-by-side.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
cking2

2012 upgrade path

Post by cking2 »

Yeah, I know but after years of complaining I thought you would remember and give me an option. I know this is a point release and at the end of the day it won't take me long to set up my environment but some things might be 'nice' to transfer over. -c
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

2012 upgrade path

Post by Alexander Riedel »

You have to realize that any which way we do it someone complains :-)
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
PeterW

2012 upgrade path

Post by PeterW »

A rather easy solution:
Export all settings from the old version, export all settings from the new version. User PrimalMerge to pinpoint the differences between the two xml files and merge your custom settings where needed.
Import the merged settings in the new version.

I agree that it would be nice the have the option of importing settings from the old version during install.
The new version "knows" which settings can be taken from the previous version.
cking2

2012 upgrade path

Post by cking2 »

Where is this xml file you refer to? I assume it has to be in my profile somewhere but I actually suspect that most of these settings are stored in my registry.
cking2

2012 upgrade path

Post by cking2 »

Ok, maybe that is what you mean. Export the registry settings? Yah, the more I look the more I realize that there is really very little I have to set up.I guess I am just getting too fat and lazy. :)
PeterW

2012 upgrade path

Post by PeterW »

Nothing complicated, see:

This allows you to save in a xml file.
Happy coding!
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.