start page and minimize ribbon

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
cking2

Post by cking2 »

When I minimize ribbon and go to start page, the ribbon sticks open. At that point I don't see the tabs of any open files. Windows 7 64 bit.PS 2012 6.5.121
cking2

Post by cking2 »

Hmm, after restarting PS, it seems fine again.
cking2

Post by cking2 »

Sorry, I should really do more testing before posting. Ok, the issue seems to actually happen when you open a link under newsfeed from the start page. So, I open Primal Script and the Start page opens. I can click on recent files and they open fine. Switching back to start page, everything is fine. I then open a link under the newsfeed and then click to another tab. What is actually sticking is the HTML menu/ribbon. If I 'unminimize' the ribbon and click on a file or start page tab, I can minimize the ribbon again and as long as I don't click on that HTML page, I am fine. Clicking on the opened link (HTML) once again messes it up. I was about to grab a screenshot but now also see that simply clicking outside PS causing it to lose focus fixes it until I click back to that HTML tab. In fact just doing a new --> HTML file and clicking around will cause this behaviour. See screenshot. red bracketed area is what 'sticks' -ck
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Alright, I'll check on this.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
cking2

Post by cking2 »

I tried build 122 yesterday and 123 today and now both simply crash if I open HTML docs from the News Feed but simply opening an html text file is ok. The strange ribbon behaviour is gone. Also, with 121 and 122 XML files behaved very badly. Now they seem good too. Two co-workers could not completely recreate my problems.
Alexander Riedel

If I understand this correctly you get a crash when clicking on a blog feed item on the startpage. Can you verify if this only happens with the ribbon minimized or either way?Also, crashes usually come with additional information, can you provide that?
Alexander Riedel
cking2

Post by cking2 »

Ok, If I have the ribbon minimized and click on a blog post, it crashes. If the ribbon is not minimized and I click on a blog post it does not crash. Interestingly, I now see that if it does not crash and I then minimize the ribbon and click on any other tab, I can open blog posts without issue regardless of whether the ribbon is minimized. As long as I don't first open the post with it initially minimized, it behaves. If I then restart PS I can recreated the crash. Here is the message: If I debug, I get this but not much more:
Alexander Riedel

Ok, thanks, I'll see if I can reproduce that.
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

I am unable to reproduce this crash, it is possible that there is a timing component involved. I will do some further checking but I have no immediate fix available.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 11 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.