Run queries from PrimalScript

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jjdynamite

Post by jjdynamite »

O/S: Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
PrimalScript 6.5.123

When running a SQL query by clicking on SQL Queries in the View ribbon, I cannot run the query. It states "No database connection selected. Please use the database toolbar to select or create a connection". I have the database selected in the Tools ribbon in the Database section. A database toolbar does not exist. Also, when opening a .sql file and trying to run by right-clicking and selecting "Excute entire file as query" does nothing. Clicking on Run Query under the Tools ribbon does not work either - nothing happens.
jjdynamite

Post by jjdynamite »

Just noticed that when version 6.5.123 was downloaded. It installs version 6.5.122 not 6.5.123. The application was fully removed and re-installed.
jjdynamite

Post by jjdynamite »

This was not corrected with 6.5.123. It is still an issue. Just checked with the current version.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I'll find out what's going on with that.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jjdynamite

Post by jjdynamite »

This was corrected with version 6.5.125. Thanks.
Please note that is is quite slow when dealing with large databases though.
Alexander Riedel

Can you define "large" for us?
Alexander Riedel
jjdynamite

Post by jjdynamite »

Over 100 tables with 100's of thousands+ records in each table. The query runs fast once connected to the database but the connection is what takes so long. PrimalScript quits responding and just have to wait until it is finished.
Alexander Riedel

Ok, can you provide some more information?What database vendor, what type of connection? I am assuming the database is remote, but is it LAN, VPN, HTTP?When exactly do you experience the delay? When selecting the connection in the combo box?
Alexander Riedel
jjdynamite

Post by jjdynamite »

What database vendor? Oracle
What type of connection? LAN/WAN (TCP/IP)
When exactly do you experience the delay? Selecting the connection in the combo box.
Alexander Riedel

Thanks, I will see what I can find out.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.