Issues with Scroll bar.

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
gkhairallah
Has voted: 2 times

Issues with Scroll bar.

Post by gkhairallah »

Hello, I'm using PrimalScript 2011 6.0.171 on Windows 7 32 bit. For some reason, the scroll bar on my script seems to wig out after PS has been open for a few minutes, or perhaps it's triggered by some action that I still haven't figured out what it its yet.... Essentially what happens, is that, say I have a 1500 line script. When the problem occurs, the scroll bar shows that it is at the end of the script, but is actually only on line 600 or so, so in order to go further down in the script, I would have to use the scroll wheel, or use page up/page down or bookmarks. I know these are all viable solutions, but having the scroll bar give me visibility as to my location is pretty important as well. Is this a known bug? and if so, will it be fixed in the 2012 suite? (I'm in the process of upgrading to that, so there's probably no need to address the issue if this is the case).Thanks for the assist.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Issues with Scroll bar.

Post by Alexander Riedel »

No, not a known issue. When it happens, please press Ctrl+End and see if that updates the scrollbar.If you can, it would be really helpful to have your script so we can try to reproduce the issue. So if you can email the file in question (zipped) to suport@sapien.com, it would help a lot.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
gkhairallah

Issues with Scroll bar.

Post by gkhairallah »

Thanks for the reply Alexander. I have email a copy of the script to the address provided. I will also attempt a ctrl-end if that happens, and will report back if that resolves the problem.Not sure that this is relevant, but PrimalScript is running on Windows 7 32 as a VM on VMware Fusion.
Alexander Riedel

Issues with Scroll bar.

I have received your file and ran through some standard tests, editing, copying, pasting,collapse and expand sections etc all with no discernable effect on the scrollbar.Your script is 1153 lines, so "600 or so" would put it right smack at half the lines. I am wondering if there is some line ending issue. Are you using anything else to edit this file as well?
Alexander Riedel
gkhairallah

Issues with Scroll bar.

Post by gkhairallah »

Positive. Only PrimalScript. By the way, the 600 was just a random estimated number, so it's not quite right in the middle. As a matter of fact, since I initiated this post, the problem still hasn't happened. I wish I knew what is triggering this behavior.
Alexander Riedel

Issues with Scroll bar.

Ok, Just keep an eye on it. You collapsing expand code often, pasting large stretched. It is almost cuts the line number for the scrollbar in half it must be something that affects a lot of lines.
Alexander Riedel
gkhairallah

Issues with Scroll bar.

Post by gkhairallah »

Yes... now that you mentioned it, I do collapse and expand large sections of code quite frequently. I'll keep and eye on it, and see what may be causing it. If that is in fact the case, then, perhaps it could be something to look at for the next release?
Alexander Riedel

Issues with Scroll bar.

As soon as I find a way to reproduce this I'll be all over it :-)
Alexander Riedel
gkhairallah

Issues with Scroll bar.

Post by gkhairallah »

Ok, so, I've been doing a bunch of copying and pasting and moving around. And I believe that PS isn't adjusting the lines correctly all the time. I still am not able to reproduce it exactly. But there is definitely something weird with either copying and pasting, or more likely in expanding and collapsing blocks of code. p.s: ctrl-end did not refresh the scroll bar. The only solution when this happens would be to close and re open PS.Here are a couple of additional facts that I gathered from testing with the data I have. My script is currently at 1356 lines. The scroll bar sees the end of the document at line 1024. I figured, maybe if I delete the lines from 1024 to 1356, the scroll bar will catch up, however, instead, the scroll bar now sees the end of the document at line 690 (it never caught up.) (the difference between 1356 and 1024 is 332 and between 1024 and 690, it's 334) ... pretty close. Not sure if this is any indication of anything, but I thought it would help with gathering facts, until we can find a way to reliably reproduce the issue.
Alexander Riedel

Issues with Scroll bar.

Weird. Can you, for the fun of it, install 2012 and see if you see the same issue there?
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 11 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.