Problem with Debug Elevated

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

I've been trying to debug a script elevated but it doesn't seem to work. I never get the UAC prompt like I do when using Run Elevated, and the script fails on operations that require admin rights. Anyone else seeing this problem? I'm using PS v6.5.127 on Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP1 Thanks
Thanks,
Gerry
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Can you confirm if this is the case when running the script in both 32Bit and 64Bit platforms? Thank you, David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

I will install the current version on win7 x86 and let you know.
Thanks,
Gerry
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

Confirmed. Same behavior on a VM running win7 Professional SP1 32-bit
Thanks,
Gerry
davidc

Post by davidc »

I ment when you change the platform within the application. You need not install it on a seperate machine. The Platform combobox will be in the Ribbon->Home->Platform section. David
David
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

Yah, I thought of that afterwards, same thing. No UAC prompt and fails without admin rights. BTW, the new install was v6.5.128
Thanks,
Gerry
davidc

Post by davidc »

What type of script are you debugging? VBScript or PowerShell?I'm assuming the elevation also fails when you simply run the script (Ctrl + F5) instead of debugging? Thank you, David
David
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

vbscript. Correct, ctrl-F5 does NOT run elevated, but I don't expect it to. To run elevated (not debug) I choose it from the Run section of the ribbon (no key shortcut). My assumption is that Run elevated and Debug elevated should both work the same. They should bring up the UAC prompt and run/debug. Run (ctrl-F5) and Debug/GO (F5) do not elevate so no UAC prompt. Correct?
Thanks,
Gerry
davidc

Post by davidc »

Correct, we will have the dev team look into. In the meantime, have you tried checking the "Elevated" option in the Ribbon (Home->Platform)? David
davidc2012-08-01 13:05:28
David
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

SWEET! that seems to work fine. I'll use that. BTW, there's a typo in the 'Elevation' button tooltip. 'ad' should be 'and':
Thanks,
Gerry
This topic is 11 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.