Edit With PrimalScript

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
siposg

Edit With PrimalScript

Post by siposg »

After upgrading to 4.1, I lost the edit with PrimalScript option from the right click menus for all the script file types. How do I restore these menu items (sort of doing it by hand one-by-one from the folder options menu)?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Edit With PrimalScript

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Did you run the startup wizard? That should have allowed you to associate the files you use with PrimalScript.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
siposg

Edit With PrimalScript

Post by siposg »

Yes, I tried running it several times.

I kick off the wizard, select "VBScript System/Network Administrator", hide both Nexus areas, make sure that the correct file types are selected (the default is fine) and that "Add 'Edit with PrimalScript" for the selected types to my system" is checked and complete running the wizard.

There are no error messages and the other changes seem to take but the edit with PrimalScript option is not showing up. I tried running the wizard from two different user accounts (one of them even an admin account) and on two different computers.
siposg2006-11-15 11:09:12
Alexander Riedel

Edit With PrimalScript

Hmm. Try to go here:
http://www.primalscript.com/freetools/

Download the FileTypes application and see if that allows you to add that verb to your file types.
Alexander Riedel
siposg

Edit With PrimalScript

Post by siposg »

That helped.

ps: By the way, looks like the PrimalTask link on that page is incorrect. It is pointing to the Windows PowerShell Help Tool file.
siposg2006-11-15 11:52:53
Alexander Riedel

Edit With PrimalScript

Thanks for letting me know. I'll have our web guys check it out.
Alex
Alexander Riedel
TomL

Edit With PrimalScript

Post by TomL »

just a quick note. IF you manually associate extensions with PS make sure you enclose the %1 in quotes. (i.e. "%1")

Failure to do so can/will result in systems not functioning corerctly.

Here's what can happen; you navigate to some folder under c:program files..., you right click and choose EDIT. the next thing you know is that PS is trying to open a window for each part of the file path. No big deal you think and close the tabs. What you may not realize is that it just created a file on the c: drive named "Program". Now what happens is anything that checks the environment variables or anything else that is looking for "C:program files.." can't find it. Can't find it, it's not going to run. I've seen some very strange behavior because a file named "program" was sitting at the root. it could be services, programs, anything.

When you restart a system with the file present, it will say that it can't continue and do you want to rename the offending file. At that point it's pretty obivous there's a problem.

I hope this helps ...
siposg

Edit With PrimalScript

Post by siposg »

Thanks for the info!
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.