Saving Queries with VQB

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jfleitz@tekquest.com

Saving Queries with VQB

Post by jfleitz@tekquest.com »

Seems like I used to do this in PSE 4.0, but I can't figure out how to save a query in the VQB. The eplison docs say to select 'Save Query' from the File menu, but that option is not available under PSE 4.1. If I close PS and reopen VQB, the placeholder for the query is still there, but the query is blank and I have to start over.

Thanks,

Jeff
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Saving Queries with VQB

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I have added some code for the next service build to connect the save function to saving the query and to save automatically when closed.

Our apologies for this oversight.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Saving Queries with VQB

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The service build with those fixes is avaliable now.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jfleitz@tekquest.com

Saving Queries with VQB

Post by jfleitz@tekquest.com »

Hi Alex,
I am using the new build, and while it will automatically save the query placeholder in the upper right pane, when you close and re-open the VQB facility and then thequery by double-clicking it, the SQL has not been saved.

One thing I found that works, is if you right click on the new query and select the Close option. You will then be prompted to save or discard the query. If you save it, close and reopen the VQB, the SQL has been saved. I had also discovered this worked, just prior to installing the 4.1.531 build.

v/r,

Jeff
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.