Migrating breakpoint in vbscript

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

This has bugged me for a while, but I never actually SAW it happening until today. I had set a breakpoint in a script and selected 2 nearby lines of code to move. I used the mouse to drag & drop them to a new location (only a few lines from their original location) and the breakpoint moved. I dragged them again and the breakpoint moved again. I can reproduce is easily. If you can't, I can send screenshots I made with the windows 7 problem steps recorder.

BTW, I'm also experiencing migrating bookmarks. Might be caused by the same root problem. Now that I think about it, I also sometimes see the scrollbar slider get very confused about where the top and/or bottom of the file is, usually when I have expanded or collapsed all code regions, including several persistent regions, some nested. All these problems involve PS losing track of line positions. Maybe they're ALL related.

Using PS 6.5.130

Gerry
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Yes, please send screenshots to support@sapien.com
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

Screenshots sent. It's a 5MB+ zip file. I hope our email system lets it through.

I also added...

Let me add to the bookmark problem. Sometimes I will right-click to make a bookmark but it will be created several lines away from the line I right-click on. Something gets out of synch. I have to close the file and reopen it to make things right.

At one other person here has seen the bookmark appear on the wrong line issue. Not sure about the breakpoint issue. I may be the only one who uses them.
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel

Got the file, thanks. I am sure others use them, most people just don't report problems. Breakpoints and bookmarks are updated the same way, so I am sure they behave the same way. It would be even more disturbing if they'd behave differently :-)

I think I was able to reproduce the behavior, at least to some extent. So I'll be looking into it and see that a fix is issued as soon as possible.
Alexander Riedel
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

Alexander, any update on this? It still happens with 6.5.136
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel

It's marked as fixed. If it still happens please try to determine what edit activity may have preceeded this.
Alexander Riedel
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

I didn't see it listed in the blog entry for the update.

If I can find a way to repro on demand I'll let you know.
Thanks,
Gerry
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

I just made it happen using the window splitter. I pasted 2 lines into the upper pane twice (took two tries to make it happen) and the breakpoint moved. It started on the BREAK BREAK BREAK line. Here is the window after the paste...

The two panes displaying overlapping sections of the file show the breakpoint in different places. Even the line numbers are wrong.

With the typing cursor in the lower pane I double-clicked the splitter to remove it and the breakpoint stayed in the wrong place.

The scrollbar was also messed up. It thought the entire file was being displayed so it couldn't scroll using it. I could scroll using the up/down arrows & mouse wheel. I have seen this before unrelated to breakpoints. I had thought it was related to persistent regions (I use a lot of them in my files, even a few nested regions), but this test file has no regions. So, I guess there are two separate issues. I suspect the second (losing track of the text/line numbers) is causing the first (migrating breakpoints & bookmarks).

Interestingly, in this particular case, when I saved the file and the window refreshed the breakpoint was on the correct line, but the scrollbar is still messed up. Arrow keys and mouse wheel scroll the file, but not the scrollbar.

Hope this helps.

PS
Even after resizing the window, even making it fullscreen, the scrollbar is wrong. Had to close the file (not PS) and re-open to get it right again.

Attached files /FileUpload/b1/a65b866ec9d15493c3e16d91f12624.zip (708 B)
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel

We will look into it, thanks.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 11 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.