Powershell support in 4.0.500

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 15 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
acarhart@microsoft.com

Post by acarhart@microsoft.com »

I appologize if this is a FAQ. I did a fair bit of searching before posting, but didn't see anything which directly mapped to my question.

I just updated my PrimalScript Ent from 4.0x to 4.0.500.
I was expecting to see support for Powershell, but didn't see any reference to it in the "New File" or "New Project" menus.
I also didn't find any reference to Powershell in the help file, and tried opening a .ps1 file directly, and didn't see any relevant color coding.

If I need to upgrade to a newer version of Primalscript to get Powershell support, please let me know. Or if there's some other hoops I should be jumping through, please enlighten me. Thank you.

Allan Carhart
donj

Post by donj »

v4.0 doesn't provide any PowerShell support at all - that support was added in v4.1 and continues in the current version, 2007.

You may want to contact our office (sales@sapien.com) to see if any discounted upgrade path is available for you.donj2008-03-24 14:31:28
acarhart@microsoft.com

Okay, now I have a related question. It turns out a coworker of mine had a version of Primalscript 4.1 which he couldn't use, because he's using Vista. I'm using XP, so I can use it. I have version 4.0.500 now, but when i tried to install 4.1, it installed as a seperate product. Am I doing something wrong? I was hoping my configuration settings (source control, etc.) would get propogated over like a typical upgrade.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Ok, first of all, for all lurkers, PrimalScript 4.1 runs fine on Vista, as certified by Microsoft :-) (Works on Vista) Aero has a bit of a problem with previous Windows compatibility though.
And yes, PrimalScript 4.1 gets installed as a separate version, to allow side-by-side operation. The installer will copy settings if applicable and possible.

I have to mention at this point that PrimalScript 4.0 is End-of-Life and no longer supported. PrimalScript 4.1 is still under limited technical support
until the end of 2008.
PrimalScript 2007 is the current version and the only one submitted for Vista certification.

Alex
Alexander Riedel2008-03-25 16:39:43
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
acarhart@microsoft.com

Alex,

I apologize for misspeaking. I may have misunderstood my coworker's comment -- He indicated he was upgrading to PrimalScript 2007, which I thought was tied to the OS he was using.

As I'm sure you know, my comments reflect my own views (or ignorance), not those of my employer. ;-)

Thank you for the information. I have 4.1 installed now, and am using the powershell support.

Allan
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Hi Allan.

No problem whatsoever. Please note though that additions to PowerShell suppport have been made in PrimalScript 2007 and continue to appear there. None of these will not be backported to PrimalScript 4.1

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 15 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.