COM Objects missing

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
myitguy

COM Objects missing

Post by myitguy »

The list of available COM Objects is missing entries. We are unable to use Intellisense with these objects to see available methods, properties and functions.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

COM Objects missing

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Can you elaborate on that? How do you know they are missing? Can you confirm that they have a side-by-side or embedded type library? Are these objects 32 or 64 bit? What OS? What PrimalScript version?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
myitguy

COM Objects missing

Post by myitguy »

Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure what side-by-side or embedded type libraries are. The objects can be either 32 or 64-bit. On this system, they are 64-bit. These objects were available in previous versions of PrimalScript, though I'm not certain when they were removed. I'm attempting to access these objects from PrimalScript installed on Windows 7 64-bit.

Attach is a ZIP file containing a screenshot showing the list of COM objects, a sample script using the missing COM object, the output from the script and the Check for update screen for the application. It also has a couple of registry keys pertaining to the COM object.

If I can provide more information, just let me know. Thank you, again, for the assistance.

Attached files /FileUpload/ee/a845905f833568c8f17dd16a172d03.zip (165.9 KB)
Alexander Riedel

COM Objects missing

Nothing in PrimalScript regarding COM objects has changed since, um, I think PrimalScript 2007, since that is pretty static technology.
Please makes sure that in the future you rename .reg files to .txt, even when inside a zip.
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

COM Objects missing

Does the file "C:Program FilesAltirisAltiris AgentAeXNSAgent.exe" exist on your machine? If so, please zip and email to support@sapien.com.
Alexander Riedel
myitguy

COM Objects missing

Post by myitguy »

I'm not certain why this is happening; Just that it is. I appreciate your time looking into it. I emailed the executable to the email address specified. Please let me know if I can provide more assistance.
Alexander Riedel

COM Objects missing

Received the exe, on first glance it has everything one would need. I will look into it further.
Alexander Riedel
myitguy

COM Objects missing

Post by myitguy »

Any luck?
Alexander Riedel

COM Objects missing

It seems the typelib in that exe is incomplete. No COCLASS object has an Application flag, no type can be associated with AexClient. I am sure this resolves at runtime, but the typelib INSIDE the exe is not containing any pertinent information regarding the progIDs shown.

Has this been updated recently by the vendor? You may want to ask them if the typelibs have changed.
Alexander Riedel
myitguy

COM Objects missing

Post by myitguy »

I'll let the vendor, Symantec, know your findings. I appreciate the feedback. Thank you, again.
This topic is 11 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.