PrimalScript 2012 and Script Signing menu

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
DiZzyDmon
Has voted: 1 time

Re: PrimalScript 2012 and Script Signing menu

Post by DiZzyDmon »

For over a year now, our workstations no longer have internet access. Once that happened, in previous versions of PrimalScript signing the code caused a significant delay (up to a minute). I couldn't deal with that and still get my job done, so I never set PrimalScript to sign automatically on save. I would manually sign a script when I was done working on it and ready to post it somewhere else.

With PrimalScript 2012, code signing now has its own "Digital Signature Wizard" GUI. I've found that it was the attempt to timestamp the signature that was causing the delay. If I uncheck that box, there's no delay in signing the code.

This morning, to test, in PrimalScript 2012's File > Options > Script Security > Script Signing, I blanked out the "Time Stamp URL" box (removed the text http://timestamp.globalsign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll), checked the "Automatically sign scripts when saving" box, clicked OK.

I created a dummy script, clicked Save, and the "Digital Signature Wizard" GUI kicked in. It's a pain to have to click my way through this wizard each time I save my code (which I do very often). Why doesn't "automatically sign" avoid the GUI and just sign the code? Is there an option I can configure to get it to do this?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Please note that if you have a problem you should always start a new thread about your issue.

Basically if the wizard shows up that means that the signer didn\'t know what to do with the specified signature. So it falls back on the wizard to make sure the file gets signed

Please let us know what exactly you specified as a signature.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DiZzyDmon
Has voted: 1 time

Post by DiZzyDmon »

I've attached a screenshot of my File > Options > Script Settings > Security Settings window.

Just in case the attachment has problems, here's what I've set:

Certificate: [a specific .PFX file exported from an Entrust code-signing certificate we purchased]

Password: [the Entrust certificate's password]

Time Stamp URL: [blank; up until I changed it this morning it was the default http://timestamp.globalsign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll]

Script Signing Tool: [blank]

[checked] Automatically sign scripts when saving (I changed this to checked/enabled this morning)
Attachments
Screenshot of my Script Security Script Signing settings
Screenshot of my Script Security Script Signing settings
My Script Signing settings.png (29.39 KiB) Viewed 3387 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Import the certificate in your certificate store and use its name rather than the PFX file. See if that works.

I should add, by not using a timestamp, your signature will become invalid as soon as the certificate expires.

If you timestamp the signature remains valid if the files was signed while the certificate was still valid.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 10 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.