Debug Error with PrimalScript 4.1

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
johnferrell@micron.com

Post by johnferrell@micron.com »

When I attempt to run the PrimalScope Debugger that is integrated into PrimalScript Professional 4.1, I get a message that says, "Cannot instantiate Process Debug Manager. Reason: 0x80040154". I searched the Knowledgebase and found an exact match but the solution was to post the question here. So, How do I get the PrimalScope debugger working in PrimalScript Professional 4.1? If it matters, I'm running XP+SP2 with all available MS security patches. johnferrell@micron.com2006-11-22 05:54:08
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Try running PrimalScript.exe /RESETDEBUGGER once

Note that the parameter MUST be in uppercase.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
johnferrell@micron.com

Post by johnferrell@micron.com »

Thanks. That fixed it. I had previously tried uninstalling/reinstalling PrimalScript which did not work. Strangely, that also seems to have fixed another problem I was having when launching PrimalScript as well. I was getting an access denied message on the readme.htm file that I'm no longer getting. Strange.
DrewEaston

Post by DrewEaston »

Hi Alex,
I am also now getting this same error on my Win XP SP2 machine at home, since I installed the Build 532. I now have the Build 534 and it still does not work. I have tryied the call mentioned above BUT it did NOT help.
What should I try NOW?
Alexander Riedel

First of all check if you have the Machine Debug Manager running?
Nothing in the debugger changed between those builds BTW.
Please note that the parameter MUST be all in uppercase.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
DrewEaston

Post by DrewEaston »

Hi Alex,
What is the 'Machine Debug Manager', never heard of that before?
I understand that you guys have not changed anything in the debugger between those versions, I did NOT change any of my options either. I was very surprised that the debugger could NOT initialize, I have hed it working on this machine before and at work (under Win2000) the debugger works as it always has.
In the error dialog that I am getting it is NOT showing the 'Reason: 0x80040154' part of the message, it just says that it cannot instantiate the debuggger.
Alexander Riedel

The Machine Debug Manager is a service.
Please check your services panel.
This is the most common cause of failure alongside with insuffient rights.

If you do NOT have this service in your services, search your hard drive for MDM.exe
and let us know where and what versions you found.

Alex

Alexander Riedel
DrewEaston

Post by DrewEaston »

Hi Alex,

This is the other thread where I reported the problem with the debugger, because it seemed to fit this topic.
Alexander Riedel

And? Did you find the Machine Debug Manager Service?

Alex
Alexander Riedel
FrankAndrew

Post by FrankAndrew »

Hi Alex,
Yes I did and it is the same as it has always been, as far as I can tell. It is also entered as a service as it should be and was NOT disabled.
This topic is 16 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.