No Output/Debug results

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
whompem

No Output/Debug results

Post by whompem »

OK this seems so obvious that I must be missing something. I am using Primalscript 2014 7.0.35 and for the life of me I can't get anything to show in the Debug or Output windows. None of the WScript.Echo commands show up; however, if I set a tracepoint the tracepoint information shows in the debug window. I must be missing something obvious. This is both on Windows8.1 and Windows 7 (both x64). The checkbox for capture output is selected. Here is my testbed (very complex):

WScript.Echo "hi"
WScript.Echo "HI"
WScript.Echo "hi"

Now if I run this (not debug) I get output; however, nothing if I debug it; however, I have a more complex script where the wscript.echos do not show in either mode (and I have confirmed through running the script in a command shell that they are piping out properly.). FINALLY - if I set a breakpoint in the middle and let it run to that point, I don't get an output; however, if I then go into the debug console and type WScript.Echo "blick", I get blick in the debug console and the "hi" in the output window. If I added 20 more echo commands and set breakpoints after every 5 I would see the same behavior (every time I do a wscript.echo in the debug console the output window will fill with all the missing echo commands).

Final Note - it has been a while since I upgraded (I have been working with 2007 and now I am loaded up with the whole suite); however, when I launch a script it does not show anything to tell me it is running ([run]); however, in debug mode it does show [break] at breakpoints like I am used to. Is that by design?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: No Output/Debug results

Post by Alexander Riedel »

That's a known problem with that build.
An optimization for scripts that output huge amounts of data in a short period of time causes output to be buffered.
The debugger did not flush that buffer when stopping.
The problem is addressed with build 7.0.36.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
whompem

Re: No Output/Debug results

Post by whompem »

Very cool, I missed the build incremement. I've downloaded and output is working properly now (which is the most important piece to me) - just curious though, will [run] be added to the script's titlebar when it is running?

Thanks for your assistance and I'm glad it turns out I haven't lost it completely!
This topic is 9 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.