Deploy - Adding Folder inside MSI

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
maxsoullard@hotmail.com

Deploy - Adding Folder inside MSI

Post by maxsoullard@hotmail.com »

Hi

I developed a HTA script that points to image files and other exes, the path has been hard coded in the HTA to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ScriptName\Images

It works fine when running the HTA and after wrapping in an exe.

However when I create an MSI I don’t have an option in Installer Settings to configure folders, therefore all files required appear in the root of the ScriptName folder.

Is there any configuration that allows me to configure folders in the MSI? So subfolders are created in the root of the ScriptName folder

I do not want to use a share to make these files accessible. I want a standalone solution.

I am using PrimalScript 2014

Thanks
Max
Last edited by maxsoullard@hotmail.com on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Deploy - Adding Folder inside MSI

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I completely understand what you want to do. The precursor to this functionality, the MSI Wizard, copied the files and folders from a staging area (http://www.sapien.com/blog/2013/06/05/i ... si-wizard/), which took the entire structure along.

Unfortunately that has proven to be too complicated for most users, so we changed it to just adding files.

I can check if we can add that as an option back in, but it may take a week or two to happen.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
maxsoullard@hotmail.com

Post by maxsoullard@hotmail.com »

Thanks Alexander, I would be thankful if you could add this option back.

thanks
Max
sctgmbh

Post by sctgmbh »

We would appreciate this option too.

Thank you
This topic is 9 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.