Disable PrimalScript 4.1 Start Page

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 15 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
richard.may@ct.gov

Post by richard.may@ct.gov »

I have been trying to disable the "PrimalScript 4.1" start page, and when ever I click on the checkbox to disable the page, I get a scripting error. I am running Windows Vista Business. Any suggestions?
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

Would you please post the error message text?
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

You might also try running PrimalScript as administrator (use the RunAs option, admin credentials alone aren't enough). Vista's UAC could be getting in the way of updating the registry.
richard.may@ct.gov

The error message is
Line: 63
Char: 1
Error: Object Expected
Code: 0
URL: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SAPIEN/PrimalScript%204.1%20Professional/Online%20Help/readme.htm

Do you want to continue.
[Yes] [No]
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

Can you try running PrimalScript in an elevated session, ie as administrator?
richard.may@ct.gov

I tried. The local administrator account was disabled, but I enabled it. I logged on as the administrator, and got the same error message.
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

Sorry to belabor this, but in Vista even logged on as an administrator you sometimes still need to run an app withe elevated status. Navigate to your PrimalScript menu short cut and right click. You should see an option to "Run As Administrator". Try again. I want to eliminate the UAC as a culprit here. Also are you running 32bit or 64 bit?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Just go to Tools - Options - Text Editor - Startup
and uncheck "Show Launch page on Startup"

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
richard.may@ct.gov

That resolved the issue. Thank you very much....
richard.may@ct.gov

Yes, I took a look, and the file did exist. ---The issue was resolved by modifying the settings for the text editor...thanks.
This topic is 15 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.