BUG: New-Item

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
cgrace70

BUG: New-Item

Post by cgrace70 »

Product, version and build: 5.2.120
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Windows 7 Pro
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit
PowerShell Version: 5

Minor bug:

If I attempt to key the line:

New-Item -path c:\test -ItemType directory

... the full name "directory" does not come up in the dropdown list, just "dir".
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: BUG: New-Item

Post by davidc »

When the PrimalSense can't determine a specific type, it will revert to showing everything, which is the case you are encountering.

You can configure the PowerShell Studio to autocomplete on exact match only (Options->PrimalSense):
Auto complete on exact match only.png
Auto complete on exact match only.png (22.75 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
This option will ensure that the PrimalSense will not overwrite your text when you hit space. Only when you select the item on the PrimalSense list or press TAB.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
cgrace70

Re: BUG: New-Item

Post by cgrace70 »

Thanks for your reply. That setting was already set.

I was expecting "directory" to appear as I was typing, but it didn't come up as an option. I thought it might have been a minor missing detail. :) No worries.
This topic is 7 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.