4K resolution scaling Powershell Studio 2015

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
michaelbain

4K resolution scaling Powershell Studio 2015

Post by michaelbain »

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 2015
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64bit
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise
32 or 64 bit OS: 64bit
PowerShell Version: v5

Dear Support,

I recently purchased a Dell XPS 9550 with 4K UHD screen. The upscaling is simply terrible when using PS Studio 2015. So much so that I've chosen not to renew my sapien subscription. I have Windows set to scale the resolution to 200%, which for most other apps works great (visual studio 2015 being one example). However other Windows/apps, like an mmc console for example, are terrible, pixelated, and a little blurry.

I have read that not all apps are scaling aware, and it would appear that, to my disappointment, Powershell Studio 2015 is one of them.

In an otherwise great product, this has been enough for me to stop using it, and, as aforementioned, to cancel my Sapien subscription.

I'd be delighted if this could be fixed, and soon.
Ferdinand Rios

Re: 4K resolution scaling Powershell Studio 2015

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

We are sorry to hear that this is such a significant problem for you that you won't consider running PowerShell Studio in non-scaling mode until we have adapted the product to function properly under hi-dpi conditions.

We are working diligently to create a great user experience on hi-dpi displays. As you have noted, there are many apps that suffer on on these displays. It is not a trivial chore and we want to get it right. We will announce our support for hi-dpi displays when it is complete and well tested.

In the mean time, please be aware that there is a 3 month window after a PowerShell Studio subscription expires where the user can renew for the discounted renewal price. After that time, for 15 months you will have to reinstate your subscription at a higher price. Past the reinstatement period, you would need to purchase a new subscription at full price.

I only mention this to make sure you are aware of the costs so that if you decide you want to begin using PowerShell Studio after we have implemented hi-dpi support, you are not taken by surprise. Of course, you can continue to use your existing license even after it expires, but it will not be updated to support hi-dpi, which is obviously a critical feature for you.
F.G. Rios
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It would be interesting for us to find out why you did not simply contact us. If I am not mistaken it was only through June Blender's intervention after your tweets that you informed us about having this issue. Did you not know about our forum or support options before this?
Thank you for your input.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

PowerShell Studio now officially supports high DPI monitors:

https://www.sapien.com/blog/2016/07/05/ ... i-support/
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.