SaveAs -> Open = Stay on the same file

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
pdearmen

SaveAs -> Open = Stay on the same file

Post by pdearmen »

Product, version and build: 5.4.134
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64
PowerShell Version: 5.1

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

I discovered this odd issue while reproducing the previous issue I reported with the parameter block. I click on save as on the file to save it as another file name to work on a separate copy. I then clicked on open to open the original file I was working on. What i noticed was that PSS stayed with the file that was currently open instead of opening up the original file. In order to open the original file I needed to close the file and then open it.

Reproduction steps:
Open File: FileSaveTest.ps1
SaveAs: FileSaveTest_2.ps1
Open File: FileSaveTest.ps1

Expected results: FileSaveTest.ps1 is the open file in PSS
Actual Results: FileSaveTest_2.ps1 is the open file in PSS

This is a very minor issue but thought i'd report it
DevinL

Re: SaveAs -> Open = Stay on the same file

Post by DevinL »

Hey Paul,

It appears this only happens with ps1 files, I've managed to reproduce it and have filed an internal bug report.

Whenever we have some more information we'll be sure to post it here :)
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

A quick heads up that we have fixed the bug on our end and the fix should be present in the upcoming service release for PowerShell Studio.

When the build is released, if you could update and verify the fix and let us know it'd be greatly appreciated.
DevinL
pdearmen

Post by pdearmen »

I can confirm this is now working as intended after updating to the latest service release (5.4.135). Thanks for the fix!
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

No problem!

Thank you for bringing the bug to our attention and if you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to post again.
DevinL
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.