System.AccessViolationException when moving script between folder in a project

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dasmokedog

System.AccessViolationException when moving script between folder in a project

Post by dasmokedog »

PowerShell Studio 2017 ver5.4.136:
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64bit
Operating system: Windows 10 pro build 14393
32 or 64 bit OS: 64bit
PowerShell Version: 5.1.14393.693

Working in a Project, if I drag and drop a script from one folder to another the following error is thrown:

System.AccessViolationException was unhandled
Message: An unhandled exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred in PowerShell Studio.exe
Additional information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

The error message above was pulled from Visual Studio 2015 Debugger since Windows had no useful info. And no "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" is not useful :lol:

Some additional info. The project files are stored on a Synology NAS. Error happens 100% of the time when the files are checked-in. If I check out a file and try to move it, there is no error, but the file is not moved (nothing happens).

This is more of an FYI for your dev team as this is really low on my pri list just wanted to let ya'll know.
Error cap
Error cap
cap1.PNG (68.1 KiB) Viewed 1526 times
DevinL

Re: System.AccessViolationException when moving script between folder in a project

Post by DevinL »

Thank you for reporting this, I will look into it and post back here when I have some more information.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.