Packaging winform scipt

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
sekou2331

Packaging winform scipt

Post by sekou2331 »

Product, version and build:Powershell Studio 2017 version: 5.4.134
64 bit version
Operating system: Windows 7
64 bit OS
PowerShell Version: 5

I don't know if I am in the right place but I am trying to package my script into a MSI. I looked in the sapien repository but I could not find it. Can someone point me in the right direction.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Packaging winform scipt

Post by davidc »

[TOPIC MOVED TO THE POWERSHELL STUDIO FORUM]

You can create a MSI using the deploy tab:
Deploy Tab.png
Deploy Tab.png (19.21 KiB) Viewed 3300 times
For more details, please refer to the following article (which also applies to PowerShell Studio):

https://www.sapien.com/blog/2014/04/14/ ... 14-part-3/
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
sekou2331

Post by sekou2331 »

Ok I have tried to follow the instruction but I am not getting any results. I create the via settings and then run build. I get the msi but when I install it i cant find it anywhere. I look into Programs and Features and i see the install but i cant use it. I really do not know what i am doing wrong. Do you guys have any video of this process.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

I'm not sure what you mean by "I can't use it". What type of installer are you specifying? Are you using a 64 bit installer or a 32 bit installer?

The following article lists the installation paths depending on the "Product Type" selected in the settings:

https://www.sapien.com/blog/2014/04/07/ ... 14-part-2/
David
sekou2331

Post by sekou2331 »

I have created a GUI that I am trying to package into a MSI so that I may give to others. I have 2017 PowerShell studio so I go to deploy then I choose settings for MSI. My MSI option that are checked are 64 bit installer and Install fro all users. Min version is PowerShell 3. I also choose Windows Application as Product Type.

Now this is where I am getting lost. I added the mainform to files and folders? Also the form that I am trying to package is up in PowerShell studio is it suppose to be down. I don't touch signing.

I then build MSI. I get the error attached and the output below.

>> MSI 'C:\PowershellCOde\TDInstallerFinal\MainForm.psf'
SAPIEN Package and Deploy Tool 4.1 (c) 2005 - 2017 SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

Processing input files...
Packaging files...
Building MSI file...
MSI build complete

I then try installing the msi and it installs but I cant find what was installed in any path.
Attachments
2017-04-19 11_59_05-.png
2017-04-19 11_59_05-.png (9.33 KiB) Viewed 3150 times
2017-04-19 12_18_37-Programs and Features.png
2017-04-19 12_18_37-Programs and Features.png (10.85 KiB) Viewed 3150 times
sekou2331

Post by sekou2331 »

Can some one help with this I am trying to create a exe\msi out of my create Winform script and I cant seem to make it work. I am starting to believe that the process is broken.
sekou2331

Post by sekou2331 »

Ok I finally got this working. It looks like a patch fixed my issue because when I upgraded my PowerShell studio the build feature started to work.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Glad to hear the issue has since been resolved.

If you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to post again.
DevinL
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.