Powershell Studio 2016 Windows 10 - No Modules Loading

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
farmersswd

Powershell Studio 2016 Windows 10 - No Modules Loading

Post by farmersswd »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2016 5.2.127
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64
PowerShell Version: 5

Hello,

I have the AD modules installed and it functions fine in the native powershell ISE. However, no modules are appearing in powershell studio. i tried v2 32/64bit and v5 32/64bit to no avail. Is anyone experiencing this?

attached is a screenshot with V2 selected, same issue with V5
Attachments
2017-04-20_8-15-43.jpg
2017-04-20_8-15-43.jpg (241.19 KiB) Viewed 3133 times
DevinL

Re: Powershell Studio 2016 Windows 10 - No Modules Loading

Post by DevinL »

Can you please update to the newest release version 5.4.139 and see if this issue persists?

We just released it this morning and it addresses some issues that may help fix this.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
farmersswd

Post by farmersswd »

Our license was not renewed, Im assuming because this is powershell studio 2017 i am no longer entitled to the update?
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

My apologies, in that case, while you aren't able to get the latest build, we can still work to resolve this issue for you.

With no modules being displayed, I believe the cache building process didn't complete successfully. Have you tried rebuilding the cache yet? You can do this by clicking "Refresh Local Cache":
Refresh_Cache.png
Refresh_Cache.png (15.9 KiB) Viewed 3112 times
DevinL
farmersswd

Post by farmersswd »

Yes i rebuilt the cache a couple times, reinstalled the application as well.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

In that case, can you explain what happened before this issue occurred?

For example, did you install PowerShell Studio only to have the modules not load? Were they loaded/displaying correctly before and then an update ruined it? Any information that you can provide regarding what was going on will help greatly in reproducing this on our end.
DevinL
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.